Thursday, February 12, 2015

[A new life lived] We were liars by E. Lockart

Hello my bookish friend,

how are you? Today I want to tell you something about a new life I currently lived. I'm talking about We were liars by E. Lockart. Here it is, in all its beauty.



                                            we were liars | e. lockart | delacorte press | paperback | about 11 € 




Summary 
A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.



Review
At first I have to admit that this book was totally confusing me. There were so many things I didn't understand. Ever. There was this mysterious accident Cadence, our main character, was always talking about, I never understood what she meant by "accident". A car crash? Falling down somewhere? I had many hypotheses. Another thing I didnT completely understand was why the four friends, Helen, Johnny -Cadence's cousins -, Gat and Cadence where called the four liars. But where the book was confusing was it still so, so beautifully written! I got lost in the authors' words for so long, I shut the world around me out.
This rich - but totally fucked-up - family excuse my choice of words was really chaotic and - as already said in the summary - distinguished. They were old money democrats, and you felt this poverty in every phrase of the adults.
Cadence often mixes the summers, because just in this time of the year the family lives on their private island, and  sometimes I mixed up these summer and, as a result, got even more confused. But that's okay with me, really. But then, when I finally had started to understand, the book ended and I learned that everything I read was a lie..



Conclusion
So, in the end I'll give the book a great 4.5 out of 5 stars because the ending had ruined it a little bit for me. I am not going to spoil you, but you'll probably be shocked. disappointed. whatever. But even if it's just for enjoying the beautiful writing style or plot, it's definietly worth a shot!
                                         
My thoughts on this post
Needed so much longer to post this first review on this blog than I was ever expecting. But good things need time. I just wasn't motivated. Ever. Hope you don't mind and enjoy this post!

Love, Lea



 

3 comments:

  1. Aww your review is amazing *-* i held this Book already a few times in my hands and i think its Time to read it :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg lea you have never told me that you have another Blog! Why?! :D♥ Omg I'm so glad that I found out :D So you have a new stalker and btw nice review! :)

    Best Wishes,
    Miri♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks for that review. I always saw it in the bookshops but I couldn't decide whether I should by it or not. I'm not decided yet but at least I have an impression of it...

    ReplyDelete